Monday, January 31, 2011

Its tool time!!!

    Building OpenMRS was a bit of a challenge. In order to build the project several different resources along with source code was necessary. First things first I had to reinstall a Java Development Kit(JDK) which was simple and straight forward. 
   The next step was to set up a mysql server on my machine, since OpenMRS stores its records with mysql. I have use mysql before but I never actually had to set up a server so I consulted this site, which I thought would help make this process a lot easier. Setting up the server actually gave my a few errors even after I followed the prompts exactly so I will come back to that later.
   For Now i'm downloading the Subclipse, a plugin that integrates Subversion/SVN into Eclipse and Apache Maven, an open source build system that manages dependencies as well as trying to resinstall the mysql server.

No comments:

Post a Comment