Thursday, January 27, 2011

Subversion Update

 After a couple of mins downloading tortoise, I was able to successfully install and connected to the test repository. I messed around and tried uploading some files,downloading, and even making changes to files. Everything checked out so far. Tortotise even adds commands to the explorer menus so all you have to do is right-click on files and add them the repository which could prove to be very helpful in the future.  Setting up a server was not as hard as I thought it would be at first. After look at this page, I tried the first three under the windows section. The first two didn't want to cooperate but the third one, VisualSVN Server was a lot easier to set up it was quick and relatively painless. Its also very beginner friendly and easy to use. Using both Visual SVN and tortotise I was successfully able to create my own repository server

No comments:

Post a Comment