Thursday, January 20, 2011

Joining openMRS

On Tuesday, my team and I all joined openMRS's mailing list as well as their IRC channel. So far the IRC has been pretty dead for the most part. There was one person who was having trouble building openMRS and it took him about 15 mins so its not to dead but its not as active as I thought it would be. The Mailing list was was very interesting though. There are many bugs that need fixing and building the project can be a task, but the others working on this project are pretty so nice from what i've seen and they are always willing to help. Many forums I've been apart of often flame users for not using the search function for the forum, but the people on OpenMRs are very friendly. I read "The Cathedral and the Bazaar" and found it to be a very interesting piece. One key thing that stuck with me after reading this piece was you should never try to reinvent the wheel unless you absolutely have too, you should instead take the wheel and make it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment