Sunday, February 6, 2011

Success well kind of...

After the last class meeting on Thursday, I sat down at my computer and started working with much more vigor than I had before. Before attempting to reinstall ubuntu on to my machine, I sat down and took a great look a the ubuntu docs to learn some commands that I should become familiar with and even figure out how to get the wireless network working so I wouldn't have to carry an Ethernet cord everywhere I went.  It was a relatively simple fix that I had overlooked many times before, but now that ubuntu was reinstalled it was time to attempt to build openMRS again. After using windows for all my life I was some what intimidated by the openMRS installation process in ubuntu, but I was quite easy. Thanks the google, installing all of the necessary software to run openMRS was a lot smoother than when I attempted the installation on windows. Sure there were errors here and there but the overall experience was ten times better. So after installing all the software it was time to download the code and build the project. Downloading the code was a very straight forward and simple process, but once I tried to build the project in eclispe it did fail so I will have to do a little more work on that but overall I would say I was pretty successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment